Looking To Reassign Your Contract?
Follow these simple steps to begin the process of reassigning your housing contract to another person.
- Locate a potential candidate. You will be responsible to locate the individual whom you would like to take over your contract.
- Fully complete an Assignment Intent Form. Both you and the incoming resident must sign before we can accept.
- Have the incoming resident apply. The individual who is taking over your contract must apply and be approved before your reassignment is completed.
- Pay the assignment fee. The fee will need to accompany the Assignment Intent Form.
Once the incoming resident is approved in our system, the following steps will need to be verified before we can facilitate your reassignment:
- You must have a current balance of $0.
- All forms and fees are submitted and paid.
- You must turn in keys before the new tenant moves in.
Prior to the incoming resident moving in, they will need the following items verified before we can issue keys:
- All fees paid.
- Move-in items complete, which will be sent directly to new tenant.
Please Note: Due to reassignments, we will send Wi-Fi credentials later and will not be readily available upon move-in.
Housing Contract Reassignment FAQs
By reassigning your contract, you are releasing all obligations of the contract to an approved applicant to resume said obligations through the duration of the contract. When you Sub-lease the subtenant must pay rent and comply with the lease terms, but the principal tenant remains ultimately responsible for the lease. The Retreat at Corvallis does not allow subleasing and reserves the right to remove any one person not legally covered under an executed contract.
Once you have completed the process to reassign your bedroom, an inspection of your unit will follow your move-out and retrieval of your keys. We will assess the current condition of your bedroom prior to anyone moving in and charge accordingly. The incoming resident will have 24 hours upon moving in to submit their own move-in inspections to notate any damages prior to their arrival. At that time, they assume all responsibilities in this bedroom moving forward. In the event that the incoming resident accepts the unit “as-is” no move in inspection will be performed.
At The Retreat at Corvallis, once you get the lease takeover you are completely off the lease. If you would like to come back during that lease period, you would need to find a current resident’s lease to takeover.